The Stellar project is a forward of Ripple. In 2013, the software code of Ripple was made freely available, and anyone could use it. Owners of the Ripple project had focused in their hands, at that time, more than half of all coins. It reduced the attractiveness of the project for investors; and contradicts the principles of cryptocurrency: devolved and a free market.
Two well-known developers Jed McCaleb and Kim Joyce: created a fork of Ripple in 2014 and called it Stellar, and in 2015 they completely rewrote the platform code the cryptocurrency was called Lumens.
- The new project got rid of the problems inherent in its predecessor:
- The Stellar Development Foundation had created to eliminate the commercial component, the owners of which do not benefit from its activities;
- The software code of the platform is in the public domain and distributes under an open license;
- Waiver of privileged members;
- Mandatory publication of financial statements.
For owners of large amounts of XLM signed a restrictive deal, with a ban on selling for five years.
There is equal distribution of coins to non-profit organizations.
The main idea of the Stellar project is to provide users with low-cost, secure access to a platform where they can multi-currency exchanges and transfers. The internal currency XML creates to pay fees and opportunities to invest in the project.
XLM Price History Analysis
The finest hour of the coin took place on January 3, 2018, with a price of $0.882. Then began a gradual decline in the rate, and on March 22, 2020, the price was $0.373. The coin then began to rise. It reached its highest price of $0.717 on May 11, 2021.
What Impacts the Price?
Although the currency had created in 2014, the XML began trading on cryptocurrency exchanges only in 2021. Poloniex trading platform became the first cryptocurrency exchange to debut operations with Stellar cryptocurrency.
At the beginning of trading in winter 2021, Stellar was hovering around $0.06, but by spring, it had fallen to $0.01. It had officially stated that a cyberattack on Poloniex was the reason for the rate drop. Several prominent analysts consider that the attack was purposeful and had custom-made character. This version has justified, by the fact, that some traders in March 2021 played on the decline of the coin.
Until the summer, the price of XLM practically did not change. In the fall, it became known that IBM plans to start using the Stellar platform to develop and create a comprehensive global settlement system. The cryptocurrency was added to its listing by three other main trading floors: Bittrex, Binance, and Kraken.
XLM’s value began to grow thanks to the influx of investment. It reached $0.04 in October 2021 and jumped to $0.2 in December.
When the cryptocurrency market plummeted in January 2021, Stellar Lumens managed to maintain its position.
The signing of new contracts on cooperation with the service Pundi X and the beginning of trading the currency on the trading platform OKEx caused the growth of the XLM rate to $0.7. Thus, those who bought the coin in spring for $0.01 and sold it in January for $0.7 multiplied their investments 70 times.
It caused a sale of the cryptocurrency XLM and, as a consequence, a sharp decline in its course. There was a correction, and the current exchange value of the cryptocurrency Lumen is $0.3. Owners of the currency, who have not sold their XLM assets, have the opportunity to get a significantly higher income.
Where to buy XLM?
Project Stellar Lumens Cryptocurrency (XLM) lists on most major digital asset exchanges. List of Exchanges leading in terms of volume of transactions with XLM coin:
- Loken – XLM/BTC exchange;
- BW.com – exchange XLM/USDT;
- Fabric – XLM/BTC exchange;
- HitBTC – XLM/BTC exchange;
- Huobi Global – XLM/USDT exchange;
- Coin Tiger – XLM/USDT exchange;
- Din – XLM/USDT exchange;
- Binance – exchange XLM/USDT.
In addition to the cryptocurrency exchanges, you can buy XLM using the online exchanger OrangeExchange. Payments accepted in U.S. dollars. You can enjoy it via popular electronic payment systems or bank cards for transfers.
XLM Prediction 2021
Not all specialists undertake to forecast cryptocurrency, because this business is quite dangerous due to its instability of the financial market. The insufficient level of market capitalization and its assets should be at the top of the list.
Stellar price prediction in 2021 is as follows:
- Each event is analyzed in terms of its impact on Stellar – percentage growth will depend on the strength of the market;
- After a spike, there is a stability phase, called a correction. It is not realistic to predict how many depositors will decide to fix their profits. It takes time for the achieved figures to become stable;
- Demand surges are provided by a rise or fall in interest. Stellar’s competitor is Ripple, so when making a forecast, one should take into account the market position of peers and competing services to get a more accurate picture;
- Stellar cryptocurrency forecast for 2021 depends on the stability of the financial market. In one case or another, Stellar does not lend itself to regulation. Many countries are taking a number of measures to keep the new financial instrument out of general use;
- Cryptocurrency is extremely volatile, and its area will be subject to active regulation. The main growth is the drafting of new, most profitable collaborations.
Will XLM gain 1$?
We predict the price of the coin will be $1 in 2023.
XLM Price Prediction 2025
Experts believe that XLM cryptocurrency will grow in 2025. At the beginning of the year, the rate will be $0.78168508, and at the end of one: $0.88683499.
Analysts consider XLM a bad long-term investment. Stellar Lumens price prediction 2025:
- At the beginning of 2025, the rate of cryptocurrency Stellar will be $0.144;
- The value will decrease, and in December, the cryptocurrency XLM costs $0.0285.
XLM Price Prediction 2030
Long-term forecasts of Stellar price prediction 2030 most often cannot provide an exact result because there are many unpredictable factors. Despite this, analysts have made a prediction, according to which the cryptocurrency Stellar has some prospects. Over the next ten years, it will show continued growth, which will result in a rate of XLM of $2.38 in 2030.
Should you invest in XLM?
The success of the Stellar platform is due to several factors:
- The use of a peer-to-peer disaggregated platform with public blockchain source code;
- No privileged users – any project participant has equal rights, including the right to vote;
- High throughput (up to 1,000 transactions per second) of the project and fast scalability of the network;
- Practically instantaneous confirmation of operations – the average time does not exceed 5 seconds;
- The possibility of exchanging any cryptocurrency and fiat assets in one platform;
- It is the possibility of synchronization with third-party systems;
- Security of funds due to cryptographic algorithms of data protection;
- Low server capacity requirements to create a network node;
- The commercial disinterest of management and developers, which eliminates the manipulation of the coin rate;
- Minimum transaction fees of 0.0001 XLM.
Some inconveniences when working with the platform bring the need to maintain the minimum balance of the wallet at 20 XLM. Such a measure is necessary. It is one of the methods of protection against spammer attacks by bots, which can seriously load the bandwidth of the ecosystem as a whole.
Where to buy Stellar
You can buy it on most major cryptocurrency exchanges.
On Binance, you can buy Stellar for bitcoin, ether, and Binance Coin:
- Bittrex – for bitcoin, ether;
- Kraken – for bitcoin and ether;
- On Poloniex, bitcoin.
Orange Exchange Pro recently provides an opportunity to buy Stellar cryptocurrency for fiat money. This exchanger works with bank cards and various popular payment systems: Payeer, Perfect Money.
For storage and transactions with cryptocurrency Lumens, it is desirable to use the official wallet platform Stellar Lumens, which is called Stellar Wallet. You can download the installation files from the project website. The site offers a complete and light version of the wallet. It recommends using the full version of the program for greater security.
Advantages, disadvantages, and prospects of cryptocurrency Stellar Lumens
It takes a few minutes to install the wallet. Algorithm of installation and activation:
- Go to the website of the project stellar.org;
- Choose the required version of the wallet;
- Run the installation file after downloading;
- Run the wallet program and choose to create a new account;
- Assign a strong password;
- The system will generate a private key, which you have to save. You will need it to restore your wallet.
The most popular way is to use the official cryptocurrency wallet of Stellar Wallet. There are several varieties of wallets. The desktop version is considered the most reliable of them.
Installation is simple and does not take much time:
- You need to go to the website www.stellar.org;
- In the Wallets section, select first Desktop Wallets, and then – Stellar Desktop Client;
- Choose the version according to the installed operating system;
- Download the required archive;
- Install the program on your PC;
- Choose “Create new account” and then “Create an empty account”;
- Create a password, save it in a safe place, confirm the password twice;
- Then click on “Encrypt account” – the application will generate an encryption file have saved on your PC;
- Choose “Show secret key,” copy and keep the key. The key needs to confirm transactions through the platform Stellar;
- At this point, the wallet is set up and ready for use by the user.
The official Stellar resource has 14 cryptocurrency wallet options for storing XLM cryptocurrency:
- Desktop versions;
- For mobile devices;
- Online wallets.
The value of Stellar is that it is a global exchange network capable of processing thousands of financial transactions per second. Standard procedures for exchanging cryptocurrencies or fiat currencies can be a costly process. Stellar cryptocurrency makes the exchange fast and cheap.